The SafeSign™ Breakaway System
Allied Tube & Conduit’s SafeSign™ breakaway system, designed to allow signposts to breakaway after impact, protecting passengers from potentially dangerous situations. Designed for use with 4″ square x 8 gauge posts and finished with Gatorshield® to prevent corrosion. A two post system has the ability to support a 120 ft2 sign in a 90 mph wind zone. The SafeSign™ breakaway system is designed to withstand the normal wear-and-tear from wind and weather. The hinge and slip base system will breakaway once impacted by a vehicle.
- Is compliant with the new MASH standards
- The 4” square post can be cut to length in the field, allowing for easy installation and reducing labor costs and worker roadside exposure to traffic
- Can be impacted from any direction, breaking away to protect vehicles and passengers from harm
- Designed so that after impact only the hardware and cylinder component of the hinge need to be replaced
- Can hold signs commonly mounted on W6x9, W6x12, W6x15, and in some cases W8x18 beam posts