Allied Tube & Conduit® is proud to carry our Slip Base Breakaway System. Well known in the industry and tested to NCHRP Report 350 guidelines, the Slip Base Breakaway System has been the industry standard for decades.
Compatible with 2-1/2” Telespar® square posts, the bolt head will shear when the proper installation torque is reached. Installation only requires a socket wrench, providing ease of mind for installation and maintenance crews.
Features and Benefits:
- Single source for sign support product
- The Slip Base is compatible with our standard 2.5” Telespar post, reducing the number of vendors needed to supply the complete sign support system
- Crash test rated
- Tested to NCHRP 350 standards and designed to the AASHTO guidelines
- Low replacement cost in the case of impact
- Designed so only the hardware needs to be replaced
- Lower cost of replacement compared to other breakaway systems on the market
- Designed for easy installation
- Bolt head shears off when correct torque is reached
- Wedge component reduces assembly time when installing the Telespar post